CME XKEY 37 USB MIDI Keyboard w/ Poly Aftertouch
If you write music, then CME's Xkey controller belongs in your mobile rig. Surrounded by a sleekly designed molded aluminum chassis, this controller is constructed similarly to a chiclet computer keyboard. The Xkey owes its extremely low profile to a key mechanism that happens to depress evenly no matter where you press on them. The end result is a freakishly slim keyboard that's amazingly lightweight and remarkably playable. Did we mention the keys are full sized and velocity sensitive, or that they feature polyphonic aftertouch? That's right, the CME Xkey is one serious little controller keyboard.
CME Xkey Ultra-slim USB Controller Keyboard at a Glance:
- Redefining "low-profile" keyboard controller
- More than playable - fun to play!
- Cross compatible and made to travel
Redefining "low-profile" keyboard controller
We simply cannot say it clearly enough, this is one extremely slim USB keyboard controller! You could almost lose this thing in your backpack or laptop case, and if you have an iPad in a midsize carry case, the Xkey could comfortably snuggle up next to it. The only physical thing that's substantial about the the Xkey is its weight, 1.94 pounds, which is just enough to stay well rooted as you play.
More than playable - fun to play!
Despite its unusual appearance, the CME Xkey is certainly no toy loaded with mini keys whose never-quite-right key spacing will cause your fingers to fumble. We're talking about full-sized keys set into a precision-cut aluminum chassis to provide you with comfortable key separation. That includes slightly elevated black keys you can play naturally.
The Xkey's brilliant chiclet key mechanism, which causes each key to depress evenly no matter where your finger pushes down, adds to the playability, and if you've ever enjoyed the fast response of traditional synth action, you'll positively delight in the speed of these keys. And with 128-levels of velocity sensitivity, polyphonic aftertouch, and unique touch-sensitive pitch and modulation controls, musicians at Sweetwater have been impressed with the Xkey's playability and responsiveness.
Cross compatible and made to travel
What do you use to write music? A Macbook? A PC laptop? Perhaps an iPad or other tablet? It doesn't matter to the CME Xkey, whose class-compliant USB connection provides standard MIDI over USB to any music-making application you want to run. The Xkey is also 100% USB bus powered, allowing you to travel light and never worry about carting around a power supply or spare batteries.
CME Xkey Ultra-slim USB Controller Keyboard Features:
- An ultra-slim and full-featured MIDI controller keyboard you can take anywhere
- Precision cut aluminum frame provides natural key separation for 37 full-sized keys
- Key design depresses evenly for added playability
- Advanced sensing technology provides 128 levels of velocity sensitivity and full polyphonic aftertouch
- High-resolution pitch bend modulation buttons utilize continuous MIDI control data
- Octave up and down buttons give you access to an extended note range
- Fully USB bus powered and firmware updatable via USB
- Small enough to fit in virtually any backpack, laptop case, or midsize iPad case
- Class-compliant USB provides full plug-and-play compatibility with most operating systems, including iOS (via the Apple Camera Connection Kit)