The Disting is a many-in-1 multifunction module, offering a variety of CV and audio processes, including a selection of oscillators (LFOs/VCOs). All algorithms have two high-precision inputs and outputs, and a third control input, exposed on a front panel knob and a CV input.
The main changes as compared to the disting mk2 are:
* Smaller - now 42mm deep (from 53mm)
* Over 50% less power consumption - now 70mA combined draw (from 148mA)
* User-updatable code - via Micro SD card
* More algorithms - no longer limited to 16
* More functionality - new encoder and push buttons give more control options
New algorithms shipping with the disting mk3 include a voltage controlled delay, a tape delay, and a resonator/drum synthesizer. Many existing algorithms have been enhanced - with extra parameters, manual tap tempo (for the clockable LFO and delay modes), and a ‘knob recorder’ function.