- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 49mm
- Digital input: connection from ES-3 module
- Analogue outputs: 8x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Output voltages: 0V/5V
- Indicators: LED per channel
- 6 headers for connecting expansion modules e.g. the ES-4 Gate Expander
- Current draw: 8mA on the +12V rail, 0mA on the -12V rail (8mA total)
Unlike the ES-3 itself, the ES-5 requires particular software in order to generate meaningful output signals. Currently, the only such software is the 'ES-4 Controller' plug-in, part of Expert Sleepers Silent Way.
Silent Way is available in AudioUnit and VST formats for Mac OS X and Windows. Use of Silent Way therefore requires a compatible host application (DAW). For Pro Tools users, Silent Way is known to work with the FXpansion VST-RTAS wrapper.
A Silent Way licence is not included with the ES-5 - however, the ES-5 Controller plug-in functions in a licence-free mode, so ES-5 users are not forced to buy Silent Way. Such users can than evaluate the rest of the Silent Way suite in demo mode.