STILLSON HAMMER MARK II is a 4-track control voltage sequencer for realtime music performance. Four CV/gate tracks directly control your collection of oscillators and percussion. Seven pages of parameters determine your musical performance, edited in realtime with a bank of 16 sliders. A series of hotkeys immediately generate or modify sequences or individualised parameters across all four tracks, with no menu diving whatsoever. Two CV inputs and large manual controls mutate any number of sequence parameters, with programmable modulation amount per step. 32 preset slots are provided for your storage of sequencer data. The keypad, rotary encoder, CV modifiers, LED feedback (on all buttons, sliders, and numerical display) and slider bank work in harmony to allow astonishingly fast music creation across all four tracks, in an ergonomically valid user interface uncommon in modular synthesis. It is possible to quickly generate and meaningfully manipulate a full 4-track sequence with minimal slider interaction.
- Dedicated hot keys for instantly intitialising or randomising parameter or track data.
- Intelligent slider catch allows one row of sliders to program a number of different pages, with visual feedback
- 4-digit numerical display provides feedback about currently edited parameter
- Nonvolatile preset storage of 32 sequences
- Delay, burst, and slide times track tempo changes
- Internal clock generator or external input
- Manual or trigger controlled start/stop/reset (reset trigger output provided)
Per track (4 tracks total)
- 1v/oct calibrated CV output (8V max)
- Gate output (10v)
- Mute function
- Quantizer scale (off, 12-tone, roots and fifths, minor/major triads, sixth and sevenths, all seven modes with selectable root)
- adjustable track length (each track may differ, all tracks follow the reset signal, preset changes happen at the end of track 1’s length)
Parameters per step (maximum 16 steps per sequence)
- CV value (0-8V at full scale, 0-5V, or selectable 2-octave ranges)
- Gate length and offset/delay
- Burst rate and repetition count per step
All step parameters may be modulated by two external CV channels. Each CV input can be assigned to any combination of parameter pages, with the attenuation of the CV input programmable per sequencer step. The two manual controls are large and playable.