- The infrared light beam projected towards the hand is invisible.
- The sensor captures the infrared reflection on the hand, and uses the reflection to calculate the hand’s distance.
- The reflection is the same in both daylight and low light conditions, allowing Air control to be used during the day, at night or in places with weak lighting.
- Air control functions with all flesh tones. The only incompatibility is the use of black gloves (as the infrared sensor would not be able to detect the reflection).
- 8 pads
- 2 sets of 4 pads control loops, sampler and effects commands.
- The DJ taps on the pads with his or her fingertips to send commands such as looping, sampler or effects.
- The pads light up when touched.
- In addition to a binary On/Off command, each pad can transfer velocity information to modulate the command.
- For example: in sampler mode, the velocity can control the volume of a sample’s playback. The playback volume depends on how soft or how hard the DJ taps on the pad.
Pressure-detecting jog wheels
The jog wheels detect the pressure from the user’s hand.
- With scratch mode enabled, the jog wheels scratch when the hand’s weight is detected, and stop scratching when the hand’s weight is no longer detected. This allows the DJ to:
- stop playback by pressing on the jog wheel.
- restart playback by lifting up his or her hand.
- scratch by turning the jog wheel while pressing down, and stop scratching by lifting up his or her hand.
- bend the pitch (if playback is on) / browse within tracks (if playback is off) by turning the jog wheels using their outer ring, to avoid applying downward pressure.
- With scratch mode disabled, the jog wheels bend the pitch or browse within tracks when the jog wheels are turned, regardless of the pressure applied.
- Built-in audio
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo output for the mix
- 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo output for headphone previewing
- DJUCEDTM DJ software
- Intuitive, powerful software
- Mix 2 audio tracks on the fly
- Save your mix as an audio file
- Mechanical specifications
- Casing: 13.78 x 8.66 x 1.18 "
- 35 x 22 x 3 cm
- Jog wheels: 3.94 " / 10 cm diameter
- Weight: 3.1 lbs / 1.4 kg
- USB cable: Attached
- Box contents
- Hercules DJ Control Air
- Installation CD-ROM (PC/Mac) with PC/Mac DJ software
- Printed installation guide + online manual
- Minimum configuration
- Computer with 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
- 1 GB RAM or more
- Powered USB port
- 100 MB available hard disk space
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Amplified stereo speakers and headphones
- Operating System (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista or 7
- or Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 on Core Duo Mac