Korg Volca Sample Digital Sampler & Sequencer
Korg Volca Sample captures the fun and freedom of an old-school sample sequencer in a format that's perfect for modern electronic musicians and modular synth rigs. If you're looking for a great way to take your groove production out of the computer where you can really get your hands on your sounds, then the Volca Sample is it. It comes loaded with 100 killer samples that you can tweak, sequence, and automate all on the fly, with cool functions such as reverse, swing, and reverb to keep things interesting. A custom iOS app lets you capture and upload your own samples, and Korg's sync I/O let you combine the Volca Sample with your other Volca and Electribe gear.
Top-level controls make sample tweaking easy
One thing the synth nuts here at Sweetwater really love about the whole Volca series is how simple these gadgets are, and the Volca Sample is no exception. Few samplers give you the kind of hands-on control over your sound as the Volca Sample, whose matrix of step-programmable parameters includes four sample knobs, four pitch knobs, and four amp knobs. Want to pitch down that clap? Twist a knob. Want to draw out the decay? Twist another knob. How about shifting the starting point? You get the idea. With all of these controls at your fingertips, dialing in the sound you want is incredibly fast and freakishly easy.
Simple sequencing delivers sophisticated results
One look at the Volca Sample, and you already know it's setup to handle step sequencing like a champ, but that's far from the extent of this clever little sample player's programable nature. While programming each parameter step-by-step may tickle some people's fancy (and you can totally do that with the Volca Sample too), its motion sequence real-time parameter recording makes automating 11 aspects of your samples in real time a breeze. The results are old-school synth sounds you can program on the fly to give your live performances the edge they need.
AudioPocket iOS app lets you capture samples
Korg bills the Volca Sample as a sample sequencer, but if you have an iOS device handy, then you can easily turn it into a full fledged sampler via the AudioPocket iOS app. With AudioPocket, you can load samples from your computer via iTunes or record new samples directly to your iOS device, where you can prep them and upload them to your Volca Sample (check out the video on this page). Of course, with 100 quality samples onboard, the Volca Sample come preloaded and ready to rock, right out of the box.
- An intuitive and powerful compact sample sequencer module
- Loaded with easy-to-access controls that make tweaking samples fun
- Flexible step sequencer lets you create patterns and chain them into songs
- Motion sequencer records and plays back automation for up to 11 parameters
- Add classic shuffle with the Swing function to create more interesting grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator and the onboard reverb effect
- Record, manage, and download samples from dedicated AudioPocket iOS app
- Sync I/O and MIDI in offer easy compatibility with other Korg gear and DAWs
- Compact size and built-in speaker add extreme portability
- Operates on 6 x AA batteries or KA-350 power adapter (not included)