Beyond superb sound quality, the ADL 600 is special because of its ease of use and flexibility. Each of the two input channels has separate mic, line, and instrument inputs, and you can select among four mic-input impedances, so the preamp works great with any type of microphone.
The ADL 600’s high-pass filter employs a rotary switch with three filter settings (40 Hz, 80 Hz, and 120 Hz at 6 dB/octave) for controlling room rumble and low-frequency noise.
The input-gain attenuator is a military-grade rotary switch that provides eight 5 dB stepped increments and a total preamplifier gain of over 73 dB. The output stage is controlled by a fully variable attenuator that delivers ±10 dB of fine-tune trim adjustment, enabling you to dial in the perfect gain structure for any application. And of course, you get +48V phantom power, polarity inversion, and a 20 dB pad, controlled by big, sturdy, military-grade switches.
2 input channels, each with:
- Mic, line, and instrument inputs
- High-voltage, Class A, dual-transformer, vacuum-tube preamp
- 3 military-grade vacuum tubes
- Input-source select
- Variable mic-input impedance (150, 300, 900, 1,500Ω)
- Variable high-pass filter (40, 80, 120 Hz)
- 8-position Gain switch
- Variable Trim adjustment for final stage
- 48V phantom power
- -20 dB pad
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter (output level) with -6 dB switch (for metering hot signals)
- > 73 dB of gain
- 2 unbalanced ¼” instrument inputs (front panel)
- 2 transformer-balanced XLR line inputs
- 2 transformer-balanced XLR mic inputs
- 2 transformer-balanced XLR line outputs
- 2U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Internal power supply with standard IEC connector
- Chassis-ground link connectors (lift chassis ground)