With its intuitive, powerful design, Ableton Live opens the world of music creation to every student, regardless of age and ability in a way that's straightforward and a lot of fun. Hear why educational professionals around the world believe Ableton Live is an essential teaching tool in classrooms, computer labs and lecture halls.
Check out profiles of institutions using Ableton Live in diverse educational settings.
Read reports from all over the world about how Ableton Live is used for teaching and learning.
Ableton gladly supports educational institutions by offering educational discounts for Ableton's family of products. Institutions that purchase licenses for five or more computers benefit from additional multi-license discounts of up to 25% off the standard educational pricing. Additionally, primary and secondary schools (i.e. all levels below university or professional schools) can take advantage of Ableton's extremely affordable Ableton Site License for Ableton Live Intro, which allows for the licensing of Live Intro on any number of a school's computers for a single low price. Ableton Site Licenses are delivered in the form of a single master license for a more simplified installation process on all licensed machines.
The upgrade to version 9 greatly expands the creative possibilities of Ableton’s popular Live software.
Live’s unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips.
In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.
- Session automation: In Session View, automation can now be recorded in real time directly within clips. Automation can move together with clips between Arrangement and Session View.
- Find sounds fast: Live’s new browser puts all instruments, effects, samples, and plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view.
- Drag and drop folders from anywhere on your computer, search as you type and navigate from the keyboard to find everything quickly.
- Discover new sounds: Live comes with a large selection (3,500 in the Suite edition) of production-ready sounds, which were carefully crafted with the help of over 40 artists, sound designers and engineers. All sounds feature Macro controls for fast access to their most meaningful, musical parameters.
- Get your sound right: Live’s studio effects have all been reworked for even better sound and usability. The Glue Compressor is a new effect - an authentic model of a legendary 1980s console bus compressor. EQ Eight has an audition mode for isolating frequencies and an expandable spectrum display. The Gate and Compressor effects feature a Gain
- Reduction view which shows changes in signal level over time.
- Extract music from samples: Live’s new Harmony, Melody and Drums to MIDI tools extract natural-feeling MIDI directly from the favorite parts of your music collection. You can also sing, tap a rhythm, play any solo instrument, then use Melody or Drums to MIDI to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound.
- Edit the details: Transpose, reverse and stretch MIDI notes or warp clip automation and add curves to automation envelopes.
- New tools and an improved workflow allow fast and flexible editing of musical ideas.