Rode VideoMic Pro-R Compact Shotgun Mic (DSLR)
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use
with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source
of primary and reference audio.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2" condenser capsule
that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector
(outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an
incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern
ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is
focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system separates
the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing
isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble
and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of
hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic
suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out,
sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power,
filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native
40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available,
which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic
from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost
the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is
ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport,
or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB
level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to
reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively
reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low
quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use,
and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole
The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
The RØDE VideoMic is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year warranty with online registration