• Dimensions: 22.4" (570 mm) x 8.22" (209 mm) x 1" (25.4 mm)
• Steel and Aluminum chassis, with cherry wood side pieces
• Weight: 5 pounds
> USB Type B jack
> MIDI Input and MIDI Output jack
> Foot Switch jack: 1/4" TRS, dual or single foot switch, normally-closed or normally-open
> Power Input jack: 7.5 to 12 volts, AC, DC center-positive or center-negative, at least 500 mA
• 4 guitar strap buttons for use with a standard guitar strap.
What's in the box
• Soft padded and zippered travel case with accessory pouch, with both carrying handle and shoulder strap.
• 10 foot black USB cable
• A signed welcome letter from Roger.
1) A power supply is not
included. Why? Because LinnStrument is nearly always USB bus-powered,
even from any Lightning iPad or iPhone, and when using the MIDI jacks
any USB power adaptor can be used. For those rare cases where a power
supply might be preferred, we sell a power supply separately.
Or any power supply can be used that has a standard 5.5mm outside
diameter / 2.1mm inside diameter round connector, 7.5 to 12 volts,
either AC, DC center-positive or DC center-negative.
2) A printed manual is not
included. The manual and all documentation are on our web site so that
they are always fully up to date.
3) Computer driver software is not included it is
not needed. LinnStrument sends only regular MIDI data, either
class-compliant MIDI over USB or regular DIN MIDI.
4) A computer editing application is not included because it is not needed. All settings can be accessed on the front panel.
• Playing Surface: 476 mm (18.75") x 153 mm (6"), Translucent silicone rubber (2mm thick)
> 200 note pads arranged as 8 rows of 25 columns, spaced 19 mm apart
> Each note pad is 17 mm square with 2 mm of space between pads
• Sensing Capability:
> Velocity plus continuous pressure,
continuous X-axis (left-right) movement and continuous Y-axis
(forward-backward) movement, independently and simultaneously for all
> Sliding a touch left or right across
multiple note pads results in a continuous pitch change to the
> Y-axis (forward-backward) movement is limited to the 17 mm vertical dimension of each note pad.
> Sliding your finger vertical across rows will result in a new note as each note cell is touched.
• Sensor Limitations:
> Only one touch is permitted within each note pad.
> If 3 note pads are pressed that are 3
corners of a rectangle, presses to a note pad that is the 4th corner of
that rectangle will be ignored.
> No more than 3 note pads are permitted in
the same vertical column. Pressing a 4th note pad in the same column
will be ignored.
> Maximum simultaneous touches: about 50.
> Minimum distance between any 2 touches: 5 mm, but the 2 touches must be in 2 adjacent note pads.
• Touch Sensitivity:
>Minimum touch force is approximately 80 grams.
>Maximum touch force is approximately 700 grams.
> High, medium and low sensitivity settings for both Pressure and Velocity
> Typical latency from striking a note pad to
reception of a USB MIDI message at the computer (or DIN MIDI message at
receiving MIDI device) is 5 mS.
• MIDI messages sent:
> Note On/Off with velocity
> Pressure sent as either Channel Pressure, Poly Pressure or CC of your choosing.
> X-axis (left-right) movements sent as Pitch Bend, including pitch slides across multiple note pads
> Y-axis (forward-backward) movements sent as CC of your choosing. Limited to the 17 mm vertical dimension of each note pad.
> One Channel: All notes sent over a single MIDI channel.
> Channel Per Note: Each touch is sent over its own MIDI channel.
> Channel Per Row: Each row's touches are sent over a separate MIDI channel
• MIDI Input accepts MIDI Clock (for arpeggiator
sync), full NRPN control of all internal parameters, CC full control of
• LEDS: Each of the 200 note pads and 8 control buttons has an independently-controlled RGB (red/green/blue) LED.
• Permitted colors: red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow
• Split Keyboard Mode with unique MIDI settings for each split
• Volume Button displays horizontal light bar on screen for easy volume adjustment
• Preset Button displays MIDI Program Change number on screen (1-128) for easy selection by sliding your finger across surface
• Two Programmable Panel Switches
• CC Faders Mode permits either split to act as 8 horizontal light bars to control CC 1-8
• Strum Mode: "strumming" the rows of the right split plays any notes held in the left split.
• Low Row Mode: the lowest row may be used as a
continuous MIDI control strip, sustain bar, arpeggiator on/off or other