The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability.
Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production. The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the boomy sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
Shure Beta 87A main features include:
* Smooth, tailored frequency response provides detail, accuracy,
and warmth for vocals
* Extremely accurate supercardioid pattern at all frequencies
provides the highest gain-before-feedback
* Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
* Break-resistant stand adapter
* Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz